Sunday, March 21, 2010

Land of the techie gadgets?

Well as everyone in the English speaking world knows, Japan has always been on the forefront of anything that has to do with small little machines or robots that make life easier. I was one of those people...I've seen the crazy robots on tv or the tiny machines they have in their houses that basically clean for you...but when I got here - I found those things are just for show! There aren't little robots everywhere sweeping up after me or making my breakfast....It's crazy, it seems as though most of the country is actually behind on these techie times - most homes don't have dryers, they don't have cable TV and laptops are not found everywhere...Now, clothes on the other hand - they have tons of stuff in their homes....

One thing that I would like to point out is something that I was totally hoping for - a new high tech, super small, totally touch screen, basically the coolest thing ever phone - but alas, I can't. When sitting on the train - I have noticed that there are only 2 types of phone - the infamous iphone and these large flip phones. Now, in the states there are like 12 million different types of phones, colors, etc. But here in Japan is seems as though the only phone option is this square flat boxy looking thing that has texting ability. They don't use text messaging - instead they use emailing and connecting your phone to your personal websites. Its crazy!
There go my dreams of inserting some small device under my forearm and being able to text on my imaginary screen in front of me..:p

All in all, this is probably a good thing, since I text like a high school girl at home logging in at least 5000 messages a month - lets give my poor thumbs a breather!

No comments:

Post a Comment