Sunday, March 14, 2010

Earthquakes and Fried Chicken...

So, apparently we are in a totally earthquake prone area - we've had 3 since I've been here - its funny, I will be sitting at a bar and it'll shake and no one really notices..I was definitely online last night chatting and one happened - no one in the house even moved...

I was supposed to see another house to live in today, but the guy never showed up - so I hiked around the city of Shibuya and had fun. I ended up running into the St Patty's day parade - who knew so many Japanese liked Irish people...It was the funniest little parade - maybe a block long - complete with Bag pipes and all! Id post a pic, but for some reason my computer is kinda stupid and won't recognize today's pics....

But seriously - there were like 5000 people out in the street with full St Patty's day garb on! It was great - found a few fun people and partied at some bars in the area - so much for house hunting today! :P

Went to go see the Harajuku girls in the area today as well, but with the whole parade, there weren't very many of them out...but it was such a nice day I didn't care!

Oh, and I've decided that if Paula Dean were ever to move from the South - she'd have to move to Tokyo - I swear everything is fried! She'd be in heaven - they even have fried raw pasta as a snack at some bars! Thank god I walk like 15 miles a day or I'd be rolled outta the subways...;)

Just waitin to hear back about the job - hopefully it all works out..if not I'm playing for 6 months and then figuring out what they hell I'm gonna do with myself!

Muah!

2 comments:

  1. hahah you're so funny! oooh paula dean and her fried foood. I miss you and it sounds like you're having a great adventure!!! Keep the blogs comin, love!! MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so good about writing posts in your blog! Miss you Dain!

    ReplyDelete