Thursday, March 18, 2010

the big J-O-B


Yeah! So, I'm finally employeed! I signed contracts yesterday - awesome feeling! I know work with a company called English Club and they are putting me in my own apartment way up in the country - so I'll be curbing my partying ways for a bit (yeah right;) Totally bummed though - they are gonna make me shave my beard so I'm gonna look 12 all the time now ;P Went out with my new coworkers last night and had a blast on St Patty's Day! There's always something going on in this city - something for everyone! There were tons of green Leprechauns running around the city - and by that I mean little asian men screaming about how great Irish people are..;) There are two of my new coworkers - they are so much fun! I think the asian girl is my long lost asian/irish sister from ATL...lol


Allnighters - which I'm currently coming out of my second back to back...;) They are rough - but hilarious - because that's when the most colorful people come out to play - most of them are just done being out at the bars and girls that we would normally applaud for their walk of shame are actually just going home from work...But it's so damn expensive to go out in Tokyo - take all the nights that you go out in a month in the states and double the number and spend that in a couple nights here in Tokyo - I mean $12 bucks for a beer?! That's totally normal too!

I did stumble upon a place that has an authentic burrito that challenges some of the best burritos that I've had in the States! They are so damn good!! Its funny to see restaurants that they have in the States - like TGIF's or Denny's but with really funny menus...

I did learn about this very new technique that some asian women do before they go out for the day or in the evening - they push their eyelids back with this crazy little tool - apparently, sometimes their upper eyelids get a bit swollen and they use this toothpick type thing and shove them back into the eye socket - lets just say watching it made my dinner start to gurggle in my belly - a lil horror-film-ish....

Okie - well I'm on my way to Kyoto to see the cherry blossoms and the festival in a week or so - hopefully I can still get a train seat....;) Lots of pretty pics to follow....;)



No comments:

Post a Comment