Tuesday, March 23, 2010

gym time...

Ok, so finally I have been able to get back into the gym - not only did it take like an hour for the desk agents to figure out what I was talking about - then they wanted to charge me 25 bucks to go once! I was not about to have that...so after a bunch of Japanglish complete with hang signals, we agreed to let me go in a test out the place... I met this fun guy from NYC who is a teacher as well as a license to kill kinda Ninja guy...he was fun, but told me the gyms are ridiculously expensive here...

Best part of the day - Well, I guess my flashdance lessons finally paid off cause when I was there - the lady that runs the facility offered me a dance instructor job...I laughed since I had such a hard time getting into the place - then I'm there for 15 mins and they want me to stay..lol...I have to go back this week...:)

Looking into a university here as well - they apparently like to stock the universities full of foreigners so they look like the catalogues they send out. We can go for almost nothing to get a graduate degree - I'm gonna look into this cause it sounds like a good deal...

Oh, lemme just bitch about rice for a second - you would think that in the land of rice with every meal that it would be cheaper than bottled water - oh no my friend - that is a misconception! The rice here is super expensive! For a big bag that you usually get at home - it's about the same if not more! A big bag runs you like 50 bucks here - it's nuts!


No comments:

Post a Comment